I am delighted to welcome you to the Kirby Fire Department area, on the City of Kirby Website, and we hope all residents and visitors will find this site a valuable resource.
Kirby Fire Department is an innovative department of 16 Firefighter and Paramedics. The Kirby Fire Department is dedicated to delivering high-quality professional care and customer service to the citizens and visitors of the City of Kirby. We value our interactions with the community at the numerous events throughout the year, such as the annual Santa Parade, checking and installing smoke detectors, and the department summer fan drive.
If your smoke detector is over 10 years old, we recommend replacing it with a new one. If you are not sure how old your smoke detector is, or if you need help with replacing the batteries, please feel free to call the station (210) 661-2612 and we will be happy to help.
Please feel free to stop by the Kevin Riedel Fire Station for a tour or call us to participate in a neighborhood parade of your own. If you see us in the community and would like a tour of the Fire Engine or EMS Ambulance, we will be happy to do so after dealing with any emergency we may be attending to.
The Kirby Fire Department is dedicated to SERVICE, to the community.
- Safety: For the community we protect and the personnel that protect it.
- Education: Through programs for our residents and youth.
- Responsiveness: To the suggestions, influences, appeals or efforts of others.
- Vision: From the past, to the present and into the future.
- Inspections: Investigations and pre-incident plans.
- Commitment: To our community, our families, friends, ourselves and each other.
- Empathy: For all.
William R. Hilburn, Jr.