These are the most commonly asked questions for the City of Kirby. Please take a moment and review to see if the answer you are looking for is listed.

If there are any questions that are not answered, please feel free to contact us.
Select the question to reveal the answer.


When is my water bill due?

Kirby water bills are due on 15th of each month.

When is the last day to pay before my water is disconnected?

If your water bill is not paid by the Wednesday following the 27th of each month, your service will be disconnected.

Can I pay my bill over the phone?

Yes, you may pay your bill over the phone by calling 833-441-1753.

When are the bills mailed out?

Water bills are mailed on the last business day of each month.

Health, Safety, & Social Services

How do I request a police ride along?

Police ride alongs are approved by the Chief of Police. Paperwork can be picked up at the police station located at 4130 Ackerman Road.

Where do I get a restraining order?

Bexar County District Attorney’s Office located in the County Courthouse

Who do I talk to about custody issues and civil matters?

Bexar County Precinct No 4, located at 2711 SE Loop 410, San Antonio, TX. 78222, 210-335-4900

How do I schedule a residential security check?

Applications for residential security checks are available at the police department and the emergency communications center (dispatch). We do not do security checks on businesses. Each security check must have a beginning and ending date and emergency contact information.

Housing, Property & Construction

What time does the noise nuisance ordinance apply?

There is no time frame for the noise violations. Any loud noise (dogs, machinery, music, etc.) if deemed to be a nuisance is a violation. Contact the police department to report a violation.

What are the current water restrictions?

This is listed on our Municipal Utilities page.

Am I allowed to burn brush in my backyard?

We are in a burn ban and it is a violation to burn brush in the backyard. Contact the fire department for additional information.


Who can I call regarding animal adoption questions?

Contact the Kirby Animal Services at (210) 661-4063 or (210) 510-8534 after hours.

Does Animal Services offer spaying and neutering services?

Kirby Animal Services partners with mobile spay/neuter clinics.  Additionally, Penny Paws offers mobile vaccination clinics every second Saturday from 12:00-2:00pm.

What is the contact information for the Kirby Animal Services Department?
  • The Kirby Animal Facility is located at 5503 Duffek Drive.
  • To report a loose animal, animal cruelty, an injured animal or other emergency, please call Dispatch (210) 661-8515.  This will ensure that your call is addressed in a timely manner and no animals are left in distress.
  • For general inquiries about the facility, animals for adoption or volunteer opportunities, please call the facility at (210) 661-4063.

Garbage, Recycling & Graffiti

When is recycle/trash picked up?

Transportation, Streets & Sidewalks

What is the breakdown of vehicle impound fees?

What is the breakdown of vehicle impound fees? The impound fees breakdown can be found on the back of the signed copy received when the vehicle was towed.

  • The fee impound is $265.00
  • $20.00 every 24 hours for storage
  • On the 4th day a certified letter is mailed and that is an additional $50.00 plus the $20.00 for daily storage
  • The vehicle is eligible for auction after 22 days
  • Impound hours are 7 days a week 7am to 7pm
  • You must be the registered owner of the vehicle to pick it up
  • You must have current proof of insurance
  • You must have two valid licensed drivers. (one to drive the registered owner to the vehicle and one to drive the vehicle off the lot)
  • You must come with the exact cash owed, we only take cash and we do not have change.

Recreation, Entertainment & Event Planning

How much does it cost to rent the park?

$150.00 deposit + $75.00 the first hour + $15.00 each additional (non-resident) and $10.00 (resident)