The Kirby Municipal Court handles all class C misdemeanor traffic and city ordinance violations written by Kirby Police, Animal Control, and Code Enforcement. The Kirby Municipal Court has jurisdiction over offenses occurring within the city limits that are violations of city ordinances or violations of a state statute.
Court Payment Information
You must set up a payment plan with the court clerk in order to make partial payments online.
All payments will include a 5% Processing Fee and a $2.50 Online Payment Fee.
- The court accepts cash, money order, cashier’s check, and credit card (Visa, MasterCard and Discover) with a 5% fee.
- We also accept debit cards with a Visa or Master Card logo.
- Money Order and Cashier’s Check should be made payable to the City of Kirby and include your citation number on it.
- Payment of fines is accepted in person or by mail.
- You may also pay by dropping your payment in the water bill drop box located next to the mail box in the parking lot in an envelope with the word Court written on it.
- No cash please.
- Only the defendant or their attorney can make the initial payment. Once the payment extension has been granted anyone is authorized to make payments.
Note that a $25 payment plan fee is added to each citation on the 31st day.
Court is held the 3rd Wednesday of each month, unless stated otherwise on the citation. Check in begins at noon. Court starts promptly at 1:00pm. You may appear on or before your court date to take care of your ticket, otherwise you must appear on your scheduled court date in order to see the judge. Failure to appear on or before your court date will add additional charges and a warrant for your arrest is enforced. If you plead not guilty to the charges you have the right to appear in court and contest the charges(s) filed against you and you have the right to a trial. COURT DATE IS November 15, 2017.
- Proper dress attire required: T-shirts are allowed (no obscene or offensive messages) but no muscle shirts, tank, tube, or crop tops
- Remove caps and hats
- Turn all cell phones and all other electronic devices off
- You must be quiet in the courtroom
- All children are to keep quiet at all times or you may be escorted out of the courtroom and at that time you may make arrangements to be rescheduled
- No food or beverages are allowed in the courtroom
- Due to limited seating, accommodations are for defendants only, everyone else must wait in the lobby and no child can occupy a seat. You must sit them in your lap.