- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Current Red Cross Lifeguard Certificate or the equivalent thereof prior to the opening of the pool. (City will offer training)
- Current American Red Cross First Aid Certificate and current Red Cross CPR Certificate prior to the opening of the pool.
- Previous lifeguard experience preferred.
- Any combination of experience and training which provide the knowledge, skill and ability to perform job duties.
- Tasks involve bending, lifting, walking, carrying and or using a force equal to lifting 50 lbs.
Work Location And Hours:
- Municipal Pool
- Various hours
Assistant Public Works Director
Under the general direction of the Director of Public Works, oversees and directs the activities of the Public Works Department that includes Parks and Recreation, Streets, Water and Storm Water.
- Graduation from high school or four years equivalency
- Water “C” and Wastewater Collection II TCEQ License
- Valid Texas Driver License with acceptable driving record; CDL preferred
- Five years or more experience in operation of a Public Works Department
- Supervisory experience required
- Frequent driving, walking, standing, lifting and occasional carrying
Work Location And Hours
- Office is located at Public Works Department , includes multiple indoor/outdoor work
- Monday – Friday, varied hours to include some evenings and weekends
Water Utility Worker (Temporary)
- Provides safe water for the community by cleaning, maintaining, and repairing sewer lines and well sites
- Maintains chlorine and usage and water tank levels
- Maintains and repairs pump motors
- Performs sewer line maintenance
- Repairs and replaces meters, fire hydrants, stops, valves, and manholes
- Places pipes and repairs water mains
- Reads and records residential and commercial water usage
- Assists in the construction and repairing of streets and public work sites by performing small electrical and carpentry repairs
- Digs trenching holes
- Lays and spreads soil
- Lays sod and fertilizer
- Seals cracks and refills potholes in the street
- Mends water leaks
- Repairs and replaces water lines, mains, clamps, and valves
- Uses heavy equipment, such as front-end loaders and dump trucks
- Puts out signs and barricades to assist the flow of traffic
- Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required
Graduation from high school or four years of equivalency. Valid Texas Driver’s License with acceptable driving records; class C or CDL. Required knowledge necessary to understand basic operational, technical or office processes. Ability to operate or learn to operate equipment effectively and safely. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions. Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with other employees and the general public.
Job Description Cleaning and sanitizing kennels and cages; Safe handling of the animals (dogs, cats, wildlife, small pets, birds, reptiles, livestock, exotics); Feeding / watering animals; Walking dogs; Washing dishes; Washing laundry; Organizing the shelter
Sweeping and mopping floors; Taking out the trash; Maintaining proper records on animals at the shelter; Medicating animals; Administering vaccinations to animals; Receiving of animals; Processing adoptions, transfers or other paperwork; Handling of money (donations, adoption money, redemption fees, etc)
Greeting customers; Taking calls for Animal Control violations and dispatching an Animal Control Officer (ACO); Working with rescue groups to transfer animals
Operation of a rabies quarantine facility; Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
Must possess a high school diploma or four years equivalency
Valid Class C Texas Driver’s License with acceptable driving record
Euthanasia Technician Certification (CET) within one year of employment
Current Rabies Vaccination
Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
Must be able to handle bending, squatting and exposure to loud noises
Dispatcher (Full-time and Part-time)
- Required to have a high school diploma or GED.
- Required to have a valid Texas Driver’s license or ID Card.
- Must be able to type 35 words per minute.
- Dispatching experience preferred.
- Ability to be certified by the Texas Department of Public Safety in TCIC/NCIC operations within 6 months of employment.
- Ability to be certified as a Basic Telecommunications Operator by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) within six months of employment.
- Applicants must pass an oral interview, extensive background investigation to include criminal history, driving record, and credit/financial history, psychological exam, physical exam and drug screen.
- Bi-lingual skills a plus.
Contact the Kirby Police Department for information on how to apply.