These are the most commonly asked questions for the City of Kirby. Please take a moment and review to see if the answer you are looking for is listed.
If there are any questions that are not answered, please feel free to contact us.
Select the question to reveal the answer.
Kirby water bills are due on 15th of each month.
If your water bill is not paid by the Wednesday following the 27th of each month, your service will be disconnected.
We do not accept telephone payments. You may pay your bill online, in person at City Hall or by utilizing our drop slot located in the parking lot.
Water bills are mailed on the last business day of each month.
Health, Safety, & Social Services
Police ride alongs are approved by the Chief of Police. Paperwork can be picked up at the police station located at 4130 Ackerman Road.
Bexar County District Attorney’s Office located in the County Courthouse
Bexar County Precinct No 4, located at 2711 SE Loop 410, San Antonio, TX. 78222, 210-335-4900
Applications for residential security checks are available at the police department and the emergency communications center (dispatch). We do not do security checks on businesses. Each security check must have a beginning and ending date and emergency contact information.
Garbage, Recycling & Graffiti
Transportation, Streets & Sidewalks
What is the breakdown of vehicle impound fees? The impound fees breakdown can be found on the back of the signed copy received when the vehicle was towed.
- The fee impound is $265.00
- $20.00 every 24 hours for storage
- On the 4th day a certified letter is mailed and that is an additional $50.00 plus the $20.00 for daily storage
- The vehicle is eligible for auction after 22 days
- Impound hours are 7 days a week 7am to 7pm
- You must be the registered owner of the vehicle to pick it up
- You must have current proof of insurance
- You must have two valid licensed drivers. (one to drive the registered owner to the vehicle and one to drive the vehicle off the lot)
- You must come with the exact cash owed, we only take cash and we do not have change.
Housing, Property & Construction
There is no time frame for the noise violations. Any loud noise (dogs, machinery, music, etc.) if deemed to be a nuisance is a violation. Contact the police department to report a violation.
We are in a burn ban and it is a violation to burn brush in the backyard. Contact the fire department for additional information.
Recreation, Entertainment & Event Planning
$150.00 deposit + $75.00 the first hour + $15.00 each additional (non-resident) and $10.00 (resident)
Contact Kirby Animal Care Services at (210) 661-4063. Find out more information.
Animal Care Services offers SNAP Mobile spay/neuter. Contact Kirby Animal Care Services at (210) 661-4063.
- Kirby Animal Care Services does not have staff to answer phones, but messages are checked regularly. If you need immediate assistance, call dispatch at (210) 661-8515.
- To report a loose animal, animal cruelty, an injured animal or other emergency, please call dispatch at (210) 661-8515. This will ensure that your call is addressed in a timely manner and no animals are left in distress.
- For general inquiries about the shelter, animals for adoption or volunteer opportunities, please call the shelter at (210) 661-4063 and leave a message if no one answers. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org for general inquiries or contact us using this form.